Posted on | July 9, 2012 | 1 Comment
Along with mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas, bed bugs biting while you are sleeping can be a certified pain in the head. These chinches are residing in your bed sheets and mattress unnoticed. Hence, once they launch their attacks, the next thing you will know is that you have skin rashes that are too tempting to scratch because of its extreme itchiness.
To effectively eliminate these pests from your precious sleeping haven, you should immediately employ control measures once bed bugs are detected. Here are some tips how to remove all bed bugs in the bed.
The “weapons” that will be beneficial to your quest are as follows:
- Magnifying glass for a better and clearer view on small bed bugs
- Flashlight for added illumination in dark spots and small cracks
- Two-sided tape or if you have insect glue traps, the better
- Washer and dryer
- Authentic insecticide
- Immediately start bed bug eradication measures once the first sign of chinch bites are noticed in your skin. But, before panicking, make sure that it is really a chinch bite not bites from other insects such as mosquitoes or ants.
- With the use of your flashlight and magnifying glass, inspect every bed elements such as bed sheets, over and under the mattress, all corners of blankets, as well as pillowcases.
- In order to effectively remove unwanted parasites from your bed, it is highly advisable to gently wash your bed sheets, pillowcases, and blanket using warm water.
- After your extensive washing, the process of eliminating insects will be more effectively if you dry your bed materials under the heat of the sun for at least an hour. Extreme temperatures are known to kill all life stages of bugs.
- While you are waiting for your bed materials to dry up, double check your mattress, box spring, as well as bed frames for possible chinches “hiding out”. They can be tricky sometimes so run a scan in every corner, every suspicious crevices and small holes, or under the box springs.
- Aside from the extreme heat treatment in eliminating bed bugs, another natural remedy that you can implement is to apply diatomaceous earth directly on your mattress or to small holes that seems to be unreachable by heat.
- Insecticides should be your last option as possible. If you are certain to use it, follow the instructions diligently and make sure that it is approved by the government as well as authentic to be effective.
Tip and Recommendation
If you are a busy person, you can actually hire professional exterminators to get the job done for you. Follow this link if you want to see what do bed bug bites look like.