Posted on | July 10, 2012 | 1 Comment
Bed bugs surely love pillows as their residence. In fact, they can be found either on the pillow’s foam or in pillow cases. Either way, these chinches are definitely not welcome in your pillows and must be killed immediately. Although they are not known to bring major diseases, bed bugs can be really irritating especially when you want a deep and relaxing sleep at night.
To know more about bed bugs and pillows, here is some factual information:
Early Signs and Bed Bug Detection methods
If you noticed that your pillows produce unpleasant odors like never before, accompanied by dark-red to black stains, eggs, and reddish-brown small bugs, it is bed bug infestation. These early signs should not be taken for granted. Make elimination procedures immediately.
Things that are “Must Have”
- Vacuum with specialized suction wand
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Immediately remove pillowcase and throw it in your washing machine. For more effective result, use the hottest water in your washing process. Extreme hotness is known to kill bed bug’s all life stages;
- Dry the pillowcase under the heat of the sun for at least an hour;
- Use your vacuum’s suction wand to suck up bed bugs directly from your infected pillow and immediately dispose the vacuum’s bag after this process;
- Dry also your pillow in your dryer for 15 minutes or under the sun for as long as you desired;
- Slip the newly washed pillowcase over the bug-free pillow.
You can also make use of the freezing method in eliminating bed bugs from your pillows. Just place your pillow on a sealed plastic bag and place it below 32-degree Fahrenheit. Wait for five to seven days. Another option is to start making bed bug traps, they can be very helpful in particular situations.